Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SSMT #3

I thought I'd share my third verse to memorize this year on the Living Proof Ministries Blog. My first two were these.

God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. Does He speak and not act? Does He promise and not fulfill? ~Numbers 23:19

Even if we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us and will deliver us from your hand, o king. But even if He does not, we want you to know, o king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up. ~Daniel 3:17-18

The first was a reminder to me that God is not a man. He won't deceive me, let me down, lie to me, or do any other despicable human trait. He is faithful, so His word is, too. The second was a reminder that God is able to save us from trouble, but I need to be willing to serve Him alone even if He does not save me. Many put it this way: sometimes God walks you through the fire rather than pull you out of it altogether.

This next verse also is special to me, because I think it sums up my entire life the last few years, and what's to come.

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. ~Isaiah 43:19

So many new things God has been doing in my life and my heart:
1. Showed me so much about Himself through my read through the entire Bible.
2. Has sparked a real hunger for Him that I've never known before
3. Brought me to Scott and is preparing me to be the wife that He desires me to be
4. Leading me to new career paths (though some are, as of yet, still unknown)

I am somewhat awed by the fact that Elohim, the Creator God, who never changes, still does new things. New things in us. New things for us. New things with us. Scripture also says that His mercies are new every morning.

Lord, let me never forget to look for the new thing you are doing in me!

No comments: