Monday, March 14, 2011

A good day

I know I haven't done as much writing on here as I'd have liked the last few days, but it was a hard week - I had to create and give two midterm exams but also had to calculate and submit mid-semester grades for all 150 of my students. That took forever! (Well, okay, it took about 10 hours of grading and calculating, but in two days, that was a lot of work.) Thankfully, this week is spring break both for me and my fiancee, so I get to spend the whole week down here with him and our cats. The one negative to this is that I have to sleep on a couch for a week, but oh well.
Today was my third day here, and it was a wonderful day, for a few reasons:

1. I was with my fiancee, all day, on a Monday - hasn't happened more than twice since the semester began, since we both teach 5 days a week.
2. I felt good enough to work out this morning before he woke up, and I'm beginning to see results from my cardio/weights workouts.  I definitely feel better about my body and I'm getting stronger. This is a wonderful feeling!
3. I had NO PAIN today.
--> Let that one sink in. I had NO pain. My back didn't hurt. My sinuses didn't hurt. My jaw wasn't swollen. My migraines didn't flare up. I also had no problems with my low blood pressure. I never got dizzy. I got through the entire day, from 7:30 a.m. until now (11 p.m.) like a normal person! That almost never happens. In fact, I can't honestly remember the last time I felt this good. I'm still dealing with my cold, but other than a few coughing fits and not being able to breathe through my nose, today was an absolutely phenomenal day. Praise the LORD for His goodness to me!
4. I got to cook for us. Unfortunately, the recipe I used ended up being too spicy for both of us (which, for me, is a rare thing), but the flavors were actually delicious. Who knew that orange marmalade could be a key ingredient in delicious chicken burritos?
5. My fiancee's cat didn't attack my cat more than twice. This is an improvement!

Tomorrow is the 15th, which means it's time for another scripture to memorize. I don't know yet what I am going to use for this 6th verse. I have to confess not knowing my 5th one as well as I'd like. With all of the stress at work the last two weeks, I confess that I didn't focus on this one as much as I did the previous 4. In order, they have been:

January 1: Numbers 23: 19 - God is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. Does He speak and not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?

January 15: Daniel 3:17-18 - If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us and will deliver us from your hand, o king. But even if He does not, we want you to know, o king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.

February 1: Isaiah 43:19 - See, I am doing a new thing! Even now it springs up - do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

February 15: Psalm 4:4 - In your anger, do not sin: when you lie in your beds, search your hearts and be silent.

March 1: John 10:27-29 - My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish: no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who gave them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.

For some reason, I always get tripped up with "I know them, and they follow me" - I want to switch it around, or say that "they know me," but then I get messed up and have to look it up. So that means for the rest of this month, I will have to practice two of them to get them in my head more.

So this post definitely isn't as deep as some of my others, but I am just so thankful that God gave me such a wonderful day today. I am so blessed by my Father in heaven. I am thankful for the lack of pain, the time with my fiancee, the rest from work, the provision of a home and family and job, and for His daily mercies.

I hope you all have had as wonderful a day!

No comments: